National Ride2School Day
TAGS: What's on
Ride2School Day is a nationwide program designed to encourage, empower and enable students to get physically active on their journey to school. This March, join more than 350,000 students across the nation who will ride, scoot, skate and walk to school!
Council is supporting schools in Port Phillip to take part in this year’s event by providing:
- A dedicated project officer to work with your school – to assist with providing ideas and planning your event.
- $200 rebate to schools to run your Ride2School event.
- A FREE bike and helmet to give away to one lucky student at each participating school – your school needs to enter three ‘Hands Up” surveys (i.e. one before, one and after your Ride2School Day event) to be eligible for this prize.
- Opportunities for funded bike education training to teachers.
- Information and support with other funding opportunities with Council and Bicycle Network.
For more information and to sign your schools up to Ride2School Day, visit the official National Ride2School website. Alternatively, contact the City of Port Phillip’s Project Officer directly via email (email@example.com) or by calling 03 9209 6274.