You can take action to create a sustainable and climate-adept world in your own way. Here are 5 options for getting involved:
- City of Port Phillip Community Environment Programs – Council offers a variety of programs that help you to act sustainably in your home, workplace or neighbourhood. Join a program and reduce your energy use, water use and waste by 10-50% for little or no cost. A great way to make a significant difference with little inconvenience.
- DIY Information – Access tools, practical information and tips to help yourself take action in your own time and place. Particularly useful if you are looking for tips and practical solutions in specific areas such as designing a sustainable home or setting up a grey-water recycling system.
- Local Community Action – Find out about local community actions to become sustainable and climate-adept. Many groups are happy to have you participate in current action. Or network and gain ideas to help you or your group to start your own new local community action.
- Local Community Advocacy – Advocacy is about trying to influence the decisions and actions made by a group, institution (including government), business or community sector in order to gain significantly improved environmental outcomes from them. Find out about local advocacy groups – the issues, actions, their progress and outcomes. Or join a local environmental advocacy action.
- External Programs, Grants & Incentives – A starting point for what else is available to the Port Phillip community. Includes non-government, state and federal programs, state and federal rebates and grants.